As Our Congresswoman, Juana will:
- Fight for equal pay for equal work and advocate for the passage of the Paycheck Fairness Act.
- Advocate for healthcare reform responsive to the massive gaps in quality care and outcomes that women and women of color experience.
- Uphold and strengthen non-discrimination policies to which every federal agency must adhere.
- Serve as a leading voice for supporting women and girls unequivocally as part of our foreign policy and international diplomacy.
- Advocate for increased federal funding for high quality local mentoring programs for young girls and women.
- Advocate for stronger recourse to address the public health crises of sexual assault and domestic violence, including supporting and strengthening the Violence Against Women Act and the Sexual Assault Survivors’ Rights Act.