As our Congresswoman, Juana will:
- Fight to continue and expand eligibility for Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) and pass a clean Dream Act that offers children who have grown up in the U.S. a path to citizenship.
- Support legislation that puts all Temporary Protected Status (TPS) holders on a road to citizenship and averts the crisis that TPS holders from El Salvador, Haiti, Nicaragua, and Sudan are facing due to Trump’s action.
- Advocate for legislative solutions that end family detention, acknowledge the reality of mixed status families, and make strong families and communities a priority once again.
- Fight to abolish ICE, a failing federal agency that in the 15 years since it was created has wasted massive federal resources by creating widespread fear in immigrant communities, tearing families apart, and failing to investigate widely reported instances of sexual assault in ICE detention facilities.
- Work to develop long lasting comprehensive immigration reform proposals that are driven by data and not rhetoric.