As Our Congresswoman, Juana will:
- Advocate for Single Payer Health Care that ensures every American has great, affordable preventative care and access to the critical support they need in a healthcare crisis.
- Protect the Affordable Care Act while we build towards a single payer solution. Protect families and businesses from the fallout of President Trump’s attempts to undermine our healthcare systems and encourage states to lead by expanding enrollment timelines, pursuing competitive prices on the exchanges, and demanding adequate coverage from insurers.
- Champion comprehensive solutions for Americans devastated by the opioid epidemic public health crisis, including investment in effective treatment, upstream prevention, innovative chronic pain management options, and community development dollars to address the fallout that communities, families, intergenerational caregivers, and the foster care system are experiencing.
- Reduce the cost of prescription drugs by advocating for balanced legislation that restrains the price of prescription drugs without discouraging the development of new drugs that could provide breakthrough treatment options and give the federal government the authority to negotiate for lower drug prices through Medicare and Medicaid.
- Work to make hospital prices and quality transparent to patients, so that you know where you’re likeliest to get the best healthcare outcomes at fair prices.
- Fight to ensure that women receive critical, equitable access to healthcare, including defending a woman’s right to choose and expanding access to pre-natal and post-natal care. Fight to address the disparities in access to healthcare that women of color systematically face across our country.